Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Label Fairy

18 in. Doll Golden Snowdrop Fairy Costume


This is my latest 18 in. doll fairy costume-- I've made a purple and a green one before. While rifling through my 'Fancy Fabrics' stash, I discovered that I had a lot of fabrics in cream, champagne, and gold, so I went with that color scheme. Then, in my button tin, I found that vintage 'diamond' button, which tied it all together.
I'm also making a hot pink fairy costume, and I'm considering doing a custom, pick-your-own color fairy listing as well.
This also happened to be the first doll garment where I got to use my new.........
Labels!
For People



For Dolls

I've wanted professional clothing labels for quite a while, but I couldn't find anything I liked. Then, while browsing Etsy, I stumbled over MommieMadeIt; she makes labels that look woven fabric but feel more like thin plastic. This lowers the price considerably, and I spent even less by buying uncut labels. She was very helpful as I tried to figure out what I wanted, and I'm really happy with the finished result! I definitely recommend her.

1 comments:

Debra said...

oh what a cute fairy outfit....great job.

Please read this notice before emailing me or asking about exchanging links.