Thursday, January 29, 2009

art (in my room)


I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite arty things decorating my room.
Color-phobics beware!





Eye Candy
I made this sculpture/artwork/I'm-not exactly-sure-what-it-is when I was twelve. There's this little Amish grocery store I sometimes visit in Iowa City, and they sell containers of sprinkles for around $.88 each.
I had no use for bulk sprinkles when I was twelve, but I loved the way the stacked containers looked so much that I bought them anyway.
Then I decided to make some sort of decoration out of them---one Ikea frame and 1/2 a bottle of Gorilla Glue later, I had this.



Records
I used to have a bunch of piddly little postcards taped to this section of wall next to my bunk bed, so adding these records I acquired at a garage sale was a huge improvement. Plus, no room is complete without something Sound of Music- or Tony Bennett-related.



Green Glass Collection
This happened by accident (as many collections do). I started picking up green glass items at garage sales and Goodwill because they were to cool not to buy, and eventually I got a whole shelfful (I know--that word is hard to read). This shelf is above my desk, and my uncle, who installed the shelves, is afraid it'll get so heavy that it'll fall on my head.

But so far, so good.

0 comments:

Please read this notice before emailing me or asking about exchanging links.