Tuesday, January 27, 2009

out and about



Old Navy boots, leggings--gift, thrifted skirt, (r)elativity t-shirt, thrifted vest

Today's outfit had an accidental Sergeant Pepper's vibe to it, which I only realized when looking at the pictures. This morning I went to Wal-Mart and the library, and here's my observations from both places:

Wal-Mart
People have been talking about Wal-Mart's decision to get rid of their fabric section for a while now, but I was still surprised when I visited the department today and found it rearranged and the products discounted. In some of the small towns near me,Wal-Mart is the closest fabric source within an hour's drive, and many groups like the Girl Scouts depend on the stores' low-priced fabrics for their sewing projects.


It makes me mad.

Library

On a lighter note, I thought these two books side by side on the library shelf looked so pretty--just in time for Valentine's!

How did you spend your Tuesday?

2 comments:

Shelly's Style Shop said...

Cute outfit! I hope Wal-mart doesn't get rid of their fabric department.

xoxo, Shelly

Daphne said...

Hi you-

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier... I love the vest. I can't wait to read more of your blog. :)

Please read this notice before emailing me or asking about exchanging links.